DreamStation BiPAP AUTO (Humidifier Incl.)
DreamStation BiPAP AUTO - Experience the Dream!
Philips Respironics DreamStation positive airway pressure (PAP) sleep therapy devices are designed to be as comfortable and easy to experience as sleep is intended to be. Connecting patients and care teams, DreamStation devices empower users to embrace their care with confidence, and enable care teams to practice efficient and effective patient management. In every way, it's designed to make it comfortable to help you stay committed to treating your sleep apnea.
- The colorful display features an icon-based navigation system.
- Among the leading CPAP brands, DreamStation features comprehensive selection of wireless options — including Bluetooth, Cellular and WiFi.
- Performance Check— gives you peace of mind by simplifying in-home evaluation and troubleshooting, while confirming every morning that your device was working properly through the night.
- Provides maintenance alerts and reminders every 30 days.
- 63% quieter than the ResMed Airsense 10.
- Sleek, User-Friendly Design with Colorful Display: The machine has a front-facing color display with a large dial for navigating menus. Menus and settings are navigated through and changed by turning and pressing the dial as needed. An ambient light sensor on the top of the machine allows the machine to adjust screen brightness depending on light levels in the room. The DreamStation Auto has tray style filters that slide in and out of the machine easily for cleaning and replacement. The darker blue filter is a reusable filter which should be washed regularly, and the lighter blue is a disposable filter which should be replaced every 30 days or sooner if dirty.
- Bi-Level technology enhances patient comfort: Bi-Level pressure relief technology makes BiPAP therapy mode more like natural breathing by delivering pressure relief. The DreamStation BiPAP Auto can be set up as an Auto Bi-level device, which delivers two different positive pressure levels: IPAP (Inspiratory Positive Airway Pressure) and EPAP (Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure). The BiPAP system can also be set up as a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) device.
DreamStation Heated Humidifier and Heated Tube: Included in the Dreamstation BiPAP Auto is the DreamStation Heated Humidifier. The heated humidifier connects directly to the machine, is dishwasher safe and is designed to be easily taken out for cleaning and filling. The chamber sits inside the humidifier and with the lid open can be lifted straight out of the humidifier and sat back inside and the lid closed to be ready for use again.
The humidifier can be set in a standard heating mode which provides constant heat levels throughout the night, with both the humidifier and heated tube having heat settings of 0 to 5 with 0 being off and 5 being the highest heat. Adaptive mode is also available which monitors ambient humidity and automatically adjusts heat levels during the night to provide optimum humidity. Preheat will heat the humidifier up to 30 minutes before starting therapy.
Advanced Features Incorporated: The DreamStation BiPAP Auto CPAP has many advanced features included to help the user track and monitor therapy effectiveness. Some of the incorporated features include:
- SmartRamp: SmartRamp will monitor the user and increase pressure only if an apnea event occurs. During SmartRamp if an event requires which requires the lowest pressure of the APAP range, ramp will conclude. Traditional ramp is also available if desired.
- Advanced Data Displayed: The machine will show on-screen advanced data such as AHI, Periodic Breathing, Leak Rate, and Therapy Hours. It will also show the pressure the machine was at or below 90% of the time, which is used for Opti-Start.
- Mask Fit Check: This feature will provide airflow to the mask and display if leaks are detected in the mask. As the mask is adjusted the machine's display will update to advise if a proper fit is detected.
- Auto On/Off: The DreamStation BiPAP can detect if the user has their mask on or off and will begin or stop therapy accordingly, if enabled.
Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth is built-in to connect to the DreamMapper app to track therapy. The DreamMapper app is available on compatible iOS (iOS 6 or newer) and Android devices (2.2 or newer) and can be downloaded in the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store.
(iOS and Android device not included).
- Regular Alerts/Reminders: Every 30 days the machine will show a reminder to change filters.
- A-Flex Pressure Relief: A-Flex helps mimic natural breathing patterns by lowering pressure during exhalation. The transition between inhalation and exhalation is also softened, making breathing more natural. As the machine adjusts pressure during the night, A-Flex also adjusts so that the desired amount of relief for exhalation is always given.