CPAP Maintenance & Care
Maintaining your CPAP equipment
Your CPAP system is made up of multiple parts. Just like a car, the system works best with proper maintenance, which involves regular cleaning and replacement of certain parts. Moisture from your breath as well as oils from your hair and skin create mould and bacteria over time that are dangerous to your health, and decrease the effectiveness of your therapy. For this reason, it is important to regularly clean your CPAP Equipment, and replace the mask, tubing, water chamber, and component parts according to Health Canada's recommended schedule.
When your CPAP system is at its best, you'll be able to tell the difference. In fact, 7 in 10 patients say they sleep better after replacing their supplies. And 1 in 3 say they get more sleep after replacing supplies.
How to clean your CPAP Equipment
|Tubing||3-4x per week||
|Water Chamber||3-4x per week||
Regular cleaning is a critical part of your CPAP Therapy. Following the steps above will make a world of difference in the effectiveness of your therapy, as well as your long term health. CPAP Machines Canada carries products to help you keep clean, from specialized CPAP soaps and hose brushes to plug-and-play CPAP Machine Cleaners and Sanitizers like the So Clean or Lumin.
When to replace your CPAP Mask and Supplies
Regular cleaning and proper maintenance will help extend the life of your CPAP equipment; however, regular replacement is also critical.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Most manufacturers recommend replacing your CPAP mask every 3 to 6 months
- An independent Harvard Medical School study found that:
- Bacteria on CPAP equipment could be managed effectively with regular soap and water cleaning up to six months
- However increased levels of bacteria were found on masks that had been used for six months or more regardless of cleaning frequency, implying that bacteria build-up on the masks is unavoidable.
|Machine Air Filter||Every month|
|Mask Cushion||Every 2 to 3 months|
|Mask||Every 3 to 6 months|
|Tubing||Every 3 to 6 months|
|Water Chamber||Every 6 months|
|CPAP Machine||Every 3 to 5 years|
Enrol in our Clean Therapy Re-Supply Program to save money and enhance your therapy!
Our Clean Therapy Re-Supply program makes it easy and cost-efficient for you to maintain a clean and healthy CPAP system. For each item, you may choose to purchase one-time only, or to "Subscribe & Save". With our Clean Therapy Re-Supply program:
- Simply select "Subscribe and Save" when adding your item to your cart. You'll receive a discount to the shown price!
- Choose your desired frequency
- Receive your CPAP Re-Supplies automatically in the mail, according to your selected schedule
It's that easy. There is no obligation or commitment, and you can easily edit or cancel your order altogether at any time. You'll receive an email confirmation and detailed receipt with every order, and your orders can be easily managed from your CPAP Machines Canada account page.